Philips used InfoComm17 to underscore its commitment to the Android OS in its commercial signage solutions. The various benefits of working with the most developed OS on the planet were ably demonstrated on the Philips booth including some of the work by its content partners (pictured).
The Android OS makes for a smarter, faster, and more intuitive professional display.
For the Hospitality sector it means:
• Slicker guest display interaction
• Access to a world of Android apps
• More visually appealing UI with more features directly integrated into the UI
For Digital Signage purposes it means:
• Use your own app to play content directly from the display
• Automatic screenshots for Proof of Play
• Machine to machine communication with a mPCIe slot (4G LTE, extra Wifi and Bluetooth connectivity)
• Lower installation costs — no need for an external media player anymore